Thursday, February 25, 2010

SEA Update 1: S/V ALEXANDRA Departing for sea



From 15FEB2010
Hello Team SEA! (or, Subscribers of Expedition Alexandra ;)
A lot of people asked to be kept up to date on my travels, so I think the simplest way is this e-mail group. I'll add photos any time I get a chance.
With a bit of luck and if there is fair weather and functioning equipment, S/V Alexandra sets out through the Jetties today on the falling morning tide. I've spent countless hours over the last 8 months preparing for this first leg of the voyage and finally the time has come. Alexandra is equipped with a high power wireless network antenna, which will pick up distant networks when we are at anchor near a city. It's no internet at sea, but it will allow me to give occasional updates from the comfort of my cabin.
Setting sail with me as my first crew member is Brian, a new friend. Also joining us is my faithful companion for these past 5 years, the Ship's Dog; Lexi (yes, I know I own a boat, not a ship, but the title sounds cooler this way). We sail south for Florida with Fort Pierce as the proposed first stop, but being flexible is important in sailing, so I won't give any guarantees on destinations or arrival times. Fort Pierce averages a 75 degree high in February, so I'm looking forward to getting there as our first resting point. Farewell for now!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog site Perry. We will follow your adventures through this site from here on out. Keep chasing the warm waters and the calm seas!

    Drew & Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perry, glad things are going well for you! Keep it up! HJow is Lexi doing ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not it has taken me this long to figure out how to post something and I admit I am very pleased with completing this one. Spring is in full force back here in Charleston and I was I was there away from all this pollen! Take care.

    ReplyDelete